I have a bad habit of checking my FB feed before I get out of bed. But this morning, it turned out to be a good thing! A friend shared an inspiring story about someone who lost weight. At the root of it, the story really wasn’t about losing the weight. When she was asked how she did it, she replied that she became a self-care warrior. That really struck me! I love how that sounds. It summons all kinds of fierceness and determination in me.
What is a self-care warrior? To me, it’s someone who feels committed to caring for not only his or her body that is with us on this journey but also caring for his or her emotional, mental and spiritual aspects as well. You know me, I like questions. So let me ask US some questions (this isn’t just for you, its for me too!)
- Are you dragging your body through this life?
- Do you pay attention to the suttle messages it is giving you or the screaming that it is doing? (It will get your attention one way or another!)
- Do you take time to nurture your spiritual side?
- What is your self-talk like?
- Are you too busy?
- Are you looking outside of yourself for answers?
- Are you your own best friend?
- Do you honour who you are?
- Do you reach out for help when you are facing a challenge?
- Are you willing to do whatever it takes to take care of YOU?
These are just some of the questions that came to mind really quickly after I read the story. I’m sure you can add more than a few. 🙂
It is my intention to become a self-care warrior. Will you join me?Share